Today I have uploaded a day in the life vlog for you to the YouTube channel. I have been sick with a sinus cold of some sort for about a week, so I couldn’t really record. It is terrible trying to talk and breathe when your nose is sooo stuffy.
No, I do not think it is Covid. I don’t feel that bad-but I am staying home away from everyone just in case. I have been staying away from people in general all this while, which is another reason I do not think it is Covid. Of course, my hubby works, so there is that possibility that he might have come into contact. He is not sick however, so I really do not buy that either. No, really, I think it’s the same crud I get every winter. Sinuses. Ugh. I am treating as such anyway. My desire is to feel better soon. I have SO much to do.
This video has clips from our fun New Years Day of going to the beach, and I end it with some writing (me writing). It is not very informational, and I promise to get to that soon. It’s winter and it’s cold here in Florida, Yeah, I know. But it was 38 when I woke up this morning. That’s cold by anyone’s standards.
DO check back for new videos and podcasts coming soon. If you like this day in the life style of video I will be happy to make more!
Hey, everybody! I am back with another tarot for writers video. This time the cards were a little sneaky. The true meaning of the setting didn’t reveal itself until the end of the video. I hope you are enjoying these as much as I am making them!
If you are an older writer, just diving into the writing life, you may enjoy my other videos over on YouTube. Just search for Writer Groupie. I should come up.
This video was created using a smartphone and a tripod. If you are an over-fifty writer who would like to get started creating videos, drop a comment below. I will be happy to share what my setup is like-it is really simple.
I would love to get more tech-heavy, but I have to reach a few milestones first. First, I need 100 subscribers. That will get the Writer Groupie name in the URL. Having it that way will make finding the channel much easier.
Then it is on to monetization hopefully. We will see.
If you want to check out my writing site, go here:
Why do we worry so much about how we are going to write a book? I recently saw a tweet from a youngster who was going to dive into book writing after being a fan fiction writer. He seemed genuinely concerned about this decision. So, while I am primarily speaking to an older demographic, youngsters, listen up and learn.
Here’s five (5) ways to write a book worry free
(1) Practice consistency – meaning do it every day like brushing your teeth or taking your vitamins. The more you write, the better you get and making it a priority and doing it every day will take a lot of worry about it away. Now, if you are like me and worry you won’t be able to do it every day, then pick a schedule for yourself that works. This is supposed to be fun, remember that. But if your weekly Mahjong game is going to get in the way and give you the blues then go around that rock in the road. You can just move the writing to another day or another hour. It is worth the feeling of being worry free.
(2) Plan the amount of time you have to write. The young folks will like this because they are SOOOO busy. But we older, wiser writers know that any time is a good time when it’s something that we love. So, anyway, pick out how many minutes or hours you want to contribute to your book. You can feasibly get anywhere from 500-1000 good words down in an hour. That’s 2-5 pages give or take.
(3) Have no plans. Yes, you heard right. If you try to PLAN the writing in advance then you may find a bit of worry. Like, “what if nobody reads this”? Or, “what if my kids read this”? Or “I’m not good at this”. That’s going WAAAY too far in advance. So, stop worrying and just enjoy this time you have to express your storytelling ability. It is okay to be writing a memoir. It’s okay to be writing Snow White from your perspective. Pretend that no one will ever read it but YOU and have some fun. And who knows? You may find that all the other worrisome thoughts fade away.
(4) Take a notebook everywhere. When you have downtime like sitting at the doctor’s office, write a few lines. At the DMV? Write something. Waiting for a plane, train, or bus? Yep. Time to write. This will stop that old excuse “I DON’T HAVE TIME”.
(5) Find your place. I have written in some pretty weird places but my fav place is in a car on a trip as a passenger. I can really focus in the quiet of a car, or with just a little radio playing. This might now work for you especially if you have a chatty driver. Having a fav place to write makes the experience so much more enjoyable. It will encourage writing.
What if you don’t have a special writing spot?
Don’t worry about it. If all you have is an old beat up desk in a corner, that’s okay. Even if you just use your breakfast bar, it is fine. Just make it YOURS. Put a plant close by, put some tunes on your smartphone and get busy.
While this is not a complete list, it is a good start to kill that old worry-monster. Writing is FUN.
IF you want to see more of what Writer Groupie has to offer check out this interview:
Ever wonder why someone is on #YouTube? This is the one you have been waiting for.
All about Writer Groupie and why I haven’t been active in so long and what on earth has brought me back around again.
It’s a new year, and a new chance to make videos for writers. I love to write, and I love those who write also. I hope you will enjoy this real-in-your-face video about me and my choice to shoot again and upload to this channel even though my situation is not perfect. Not that having a perfect situation is required. See other videos shot recently to find testimony to that fact. I am trying. That’s all one can do, right?
But if you listen to all the hoopla all you have to do is create videos, upload them, create a buzz for them, and voila! You’re an Internet hit. Well, on #YouTube anyway. They say you don’t have to have fancy cameras, or gear. Not even good lighting if you use a sunny location.
SO, HERE’S THE DEAL
Word to the wise: you ain’t gotta be perfect to start a #YouTube channel-you ain’t even gotta be purty.
The link mentioned is for this site: www.writergroupie.net I will upload quite a lot of videos for a while in hopes that this channel grows to the numbers it deserves. I am trying so hard to get 100 subscribers so that the channel can get its own name.
If you have suggestions on what you would like to see in the form of how to videos or vlogs or like that here at #YouTube, please let me know.