Habits. Did you know that if you do something for a month it will become a habit? Here’s why I mention it.
There are quite a few things that writers should follow, like other writers. But I am not talking about that today. Today, it’s all about habits.
3 Habits all writers should follow
1. Write something every day.
- a. Sit down and start typing.
- b. You can free write until the ideas flow
- c. The key is don’t edit yourself now. Just write.
2. Read–for fun
- a. Reading should be fun. It was once, wasn’t it?
- b. You learn from others
- c. Make reading a priority to stay current on what kinds of books are out there.
3. Go for a walk
- a. Don’t take your phone–instead focus on nature
- b. Allow creativity to flow
- c. Accept inspiration when it comes
Did you enjoy this episode? Please go to iTunes Podcasts and make Writer Groupie one of your favorites!
If you prefer videos, we have a YouTube channel also. You can check it out here. Please consider liking, sharing, and subscribing! When it gets to 100 subscribers, then we can get the WRITER GROUPIE name in the URL to the channel. That’s pretty exciting!
Also, I am a writer, too! Please go to my writing site to hear all about what I am up to in the writing world. I have a book page and you can visit that here
I sometimes have books that I am enjoying listed there, as well as some of the books on tour with some of my favorite book tour companies. If you are a book lover like I am, please check out the latest over on KimSmithauthor.com
I will be back soon with another podcast! I hope you will visit the site again soon,