Welcome to Writer Groupie Podcast!
R. Weir lives in the Mile High city with his wife, daughter and dog, where the Rocky Mountain High isn’t always achieved with an herbal substance. When not glued to the computer for work and writing, he relaxes by enjoying the outdoors; playing tennis, travelling in a motorhome and riding a motorcycle wherever the wind takes him. His writing beckons back to the days of detectives and dames, but with modern plots and twists. PI Jarvis Mann is tough, resourceful and a man with as many faults as virtues. His oddball sense of humor is much like his author’s, though he’s not nearly as tough and fearless. Though no evil stands a chance against Mr. Weir’s written word!
Recently, R. Weir and I had a nice chat about his latest book, THE FRONT RANGE BUTCHER and his writing journey. Here are a few of the things we discussed:
- How he has been writing since his teens and how it all began with poetry.
- About three novels that remain in his archives and how he may pull them out one day and revisit them
- We discussed looking over old work and how we are sometimes impressed with our own former writing style.
- How his character of Jarvis Mann originally began in a short story that when it was updated became the first in the series.
- We traded insights on how writers spend a lot of time with their characters and all about Jarvis Mann, tough, snarky, and sometimes not too bright.
- Why Robert B. Parker helped to shape Jarvis Mann
- How he keeps the series going by growing his character’s personal life.
- How he weaves his plots and subplots to keep the reader in a deep dive inside the book
- Insider details on how sometimes books write themselves.
- We discussed The Front Range Butcher and Randy tells us how his research took him into dark places that he lost sleep over.
ENJOY THIS AUDIO ONLY LINK!
AND listen to the end for HIS BEST ADVICE FOR ASPIRING AUTHORS! You do not want to miss this!
R Weir Author of the Amazon Bestselling Jarvis Mann PI books Witty, sarcastic and tough You want this Denver P.I. fighting for you You can find them at: Https://www.rweir.net & https://www.amazon.com/R-Weir/e/B00JH2Y5US
Thanks for Listening to WGP (Writer Groupie Podcast)!
We appreciate your time!
Did you enjoy this episode?
Leave a comment on this page or ask a question if you need us to elaborate on the topic.
Use the social media buttons to share this episode with your friends, family, and contacts.
Go over to iTunes or YouTube to leave a rating/review and to subscribe to the podcast.
We appreciate you taking the time to check out WGP! And we look forward to providing you with more content in the next episode! Just click on the images below to take you to iTunes or Youtube. We really hope to see you next time!