Recently, I had the privilege of chatting with Dan Stout, the author of the new noir fantasy thriller coming from Daw entitled TITANSHADE. Dan’s stories have appeared in publications such as The Saturday Evening Post and Nature.
About the book:
Carter’s a homicide cop in Titanshade, an oil boomtown where 8-tracks are state of the art, disco rules the radio, and all the best sorcerers wear designer labels. It’s also a metropolis teetering on the edge of disaster. As its oil reserves run dry, the city’s future hangs on a possible investment from the reclusive amphibians known as Squibs.
But now negotiations have been derailed by the horrific murder of a Squib diplomat. The pressure’s never been higher to make a quick arrest, even as Carter’s investigation leads him into conflict with the city’s elite. Undermined by corrupt coworkers and falsified evidence, and with a suspect list that includes power-hungry politicians, oil magnates, and mad scientists, Carter must find the killer before the investigation turns into a witch-hunt and those closest to him pay the ultimate price on the filthy streets of Titanshade.
In the interview
First let me say that the audio and video in this Skype interview are really not great, but we persevered and with a little creative editing on Bill’s part, we ended up with a decent recording.
In this episode, Dan and I talk about great things such as:
- Titanshade and when it makes its debut, and what kind of interesting fantasy it is and all of the aspects of writing in a sort of mixed genre
- I fan-girled a bit over what I have read in the book, and I tried not to give too much away
- Dan’s inspiration behind Titanshade and how 90 minutes changed his life
- What challenges Dan faced with the writing of Titanshade
- His favorite part of writing Titanshade
- How Dan created a patchwork quilt with his writing
- Collaborative efforts and if that is in the future
- How writing a series is a juggling act, and ways to keep it going
- AND DAN GIVES US THE **BEST** WRITING ADVICE EVER!!!!!
And soooo much more!
Here is the audio only version of the show –
Thanks for Listening to WGP (Writer Groupie Podcast)!
We appreciate your time!
Did you enjoy this episode?
Leave a comment on this page or ask a question if you need us to elaborate on the topic.
Use the social media buttons to share this episode with your friends, family, and contacts.
Go over to iTunes or YouTube to leave a rating/review and to subscribe to the podcast.
We appreciate you taking the time to check out WGP! And we look forward to providing you with more content in the next episode! Just click on the images below to take you to iTunes or Youtube. We really hope to see you next time!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download