- First of all, getting traffic means having readers
- Having readers means frequent posting
- Frequent posting means having good content
- Having good content means having good quality design in your posts
You get blog readers over time. It takes a while before people start seeking you out at your site. You should always send them to your site whenever possible. Posting frequently will give you plenty for the readers to find and read when they come to visit. Having good content will keep them on the site LONGER. And a nice appealing presentation (website) will make them want to come back time and time again.
And truthfully, that’s it in a nutshell. Unless you are one of those people who have a trickle and you want a flood.
What can I do to get MORE traffic?
You can do a few other things to insure that you get readers who will be the traffic of which you seek.
1. Visit other blogs and leave comments
2. Respond to commenters
3. Give things away. I know some of you are groaning, but there is a very good reason for this.
4. Be consistent, comfortable, and friendly. Readers are really wanting to connect with YOU not just your site, so make it easy for them.
That’s really a very small list, but a very important one. You have to be the person out there making friends and influencing people in order to build your site’s readership. And sometimes, I know, it’s hard.
So, why don’t you post up some of your ideas to bring traffic to your site and let’s have a discussion about it?