Rich Meyrick is the fingertips behind everything associated with Jaspa’s Journey. Born in Wales, he developed a fascination in geography, history and the environment at an early age, interests which culminated in a PhD from the University of Cambridge (UK) and a post-doc at the University of Waterloo (Canada). In 2000, Rich accepted a position as an environmental scientist in Weimar, Germany, at a research station of the renowned Senckenberg Institute. Four years later he married Sue and returned to Waterloo, this time permanently. Since then, when he and Sue aren’t actually travelling with Jaspa, Rich spends his days writing books and blogs about Jaspa’s adventures. It’s a Journey he hopes will continue for many years to come.
To get Rich’s books simply click the cover!
Jaspa’s Journey: The Great Migration
Follow the thrilling adventures of Jaspa, a distant relative of the giraffe only three inches tall.He and his equally-small Ses friends must take on The Journey – a perilous, 800-kilometre ordeal across Africa’s Serengeti Plain in the company of the immense herds of the Great Migration.
Jaspa’s Journey 2: The Pride of London
Jaspa and his friends are at it again! This time they embark on a whirlwind tour of London,attempting to solve the riddles of The Path in order to help their new friend Ernest, a Ratses, become a member of the clandestine Ses society known simply as The Pride.
Interview with Rich Meyrick
In this episode we learn:
- How Rich and his wife, Sue, met and how his writing journey got underway
- What Rich thinks is the most enjoyable and straightforward part of the writing journey
- How Rich helps with the administrative part of the family life and how his writing life fits into it
- Where research comes into play with his books
- Rich’s opinion about editing and how it works
- We learn about Jaspa’s Journey and how he and his wife have created the world of it
- How Jaspa got his name
- Where the settings are from in the books and how they set the tone of each
- Insider details about the cover art of his books and a little about the artist, Brad Hughes
- Why Rich and Sue went with an indie publisher, Speaking Volumes, rather than going it alone
- Discussion: How marketing has remained a big black box for Rich and why he feels like it is not his forte
- The total country count for Jaspa and how he is a very well traveled little plush toy
- Info about his blog
and so, so much more, including his BEST advice for aspiring authors
Listen to my writing news info, personal update, and the AUDIO ONLY version of the interview here:
Website : http://www.jaspasjourney.com/
Blog : https://jaspasjourney.wordpress.com/
Goodreads : www.goodreads.com/author/show/3083164.Rich_Meyrick
Twitter : https://twitter.com/richmeyrick
Instagram : http://www.instagram.com/jaspasjourney
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Jaspa-48561121909/
Thanks for Listening to WGP (Writer Groupie Podcast)!
We appreciate your time!
Did you enjoy this episode?
If so, please do one (or all) of the following:
Leave a comment on this page or ask a question if you need us to elaborate on the topic.
Use the social media buttons to share this episode with your friends, family, and contacts.
Go over to iTunes or YouTube to leave a rating/review and to subscribe to the podcast.
We appreciate you taking the time to check out WGP! And we look forward to providing you with more content in the next episode!
Subscribe to Writer Groupie Podcast on iTunes and YouTube by clicking on the images below: