Lori Roberts is an author, educator, historian and presenter for historical events and workshops. Lori has been an educator for more than twenty years, currently teaching United States History at the Middle School level.
Lori as a living historian, often portrays Mrs. Mary Anna Morrison Jackson, wife of Gen. Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson.
She has spoken at Civil War events in Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee and Virginia. As a presenter, Lori has given first-person programs to the Southern Indiana Education Center/Living History Fellowship Grant, Journey Through the Hallowed Ground Conference, George Mason University. Lori was a 2011 nominee for the Guilder Lehrman Social Studies Teacher of the Year.
Lori has a passion for history, and bringing history to life for her audience. Bringing characters to life through historical interpretation is one method Lori uses to engage her students in the classroom.
Lori and I chat via audio podcast only for this show and you can see what books she has below.
Links to books (click on cover to be magically transported to purchase)
In this episode with Lori Roberts, we discuss:
- Her journey as a writer and living historian
- How she can begin another book even in the midst of the current one
- What she did about writing during Nanowrimo this year
- How being a teacher has influenced what she writes and how sometimes hinders her writing
- Discussion about free-writing and if an author can or should do it
- Why she chose the Civil War era and if it was related to a familial connection
- How Gone with the Wind influenced her decision about the era to write in
- If she might write in another era-say, medival history
- Insider details about how research has played a part in her writing life
- Insights on how current opinion has affected writing historical fiction esp. in the CW era
AND SO MUCH MORE! INCLUDING HER ADVICE FOR ASPIRING AUTHORS
You can find Lori Roberts online at:
Website : http://www.stonewallswife.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/lori.crecelius.roberts
Amazon : https://www.amazon.com/Lori-Roberts/e/B0089A94EG
Thanks for Listening to WGP (Writer Groupie Podcast)!
We appreciate your time!
Did you enjoy this episode?
If so, please do one (or all) of the following:
Leave a comment on this page or ask a question if you need us to elaborate on the topic.
Use the social media buttons to share this episode with your friends, family, and contacts.
Go over to iTunes or YouTube to leave a rating/review and to subscribe to the podcast.
We appreciate you taking the time to check out WGP! And we look forward to providing you with more content in the next episode!
Subscribe to Writer Groupie Podcast on iTunes and YouTube by clicking on the images below:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
1 thought on “Episode 75 – Lori Roberts, author and living historian”